Call for nominations: certification body requirements
18 January 2019 CB Requirements
PEFC invites stakeholders globally to nominate candidates for the Certification Body Requirements for Chain of Custody Revision Working Group.
To nominate a candidate to participate in the working group, please fill out the nomination form. The nomination deadline is 6 February 2019.
Please ensure that your nomination represents one or more of the five stakeholder categories below:
- Certified PEFC scheme users: forest owners and managers; forest based industry (processing and trade) (max. 5)
- Uncertified PEFC scheme users: PEFC scheme assessors; certification bodies; accreditation bodies; consultants (max. 5)
- Customers and consumers: retailer organizations; consumer organizations; institutional consumers of forest based products, including governments (max. 5)
- Civil society: science, environmental, social and other interest groups (max. 5)
- PEFC National Governing Body members (max. 5)
In addition to this wide range of stakeholder interests, we also aim for a balanced representation of genders and regions in the working groups.
Certification Body Requirements for Chain of Custody Working Group (WG 5)
WG 5 will be responsible for the revision of PEFC ST 2003:2012, Certification Body Requirements - Chain of Custody. This standard defines the requirements for certification bodies conducting PEFC Chain of Custody certification. Stakeholders are also invited to comment on the scope of the revision process – please refer to the Project Paper.
The first WG 5 meeting will take place on 20 - 21 March 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland. WG 5 is expected to meet three times in total. We anticipate that the revision will be finalized by the end of 2019. Nominate your representative now.
We expect participants to attend the first meeting of WG 5 in person. In subsequent meetings, participation via teleconferencing will be available as back-up option, if required. WG members are expected to participate in WG meetings consistently and in person as much as possible.
PEFC is not in the position to fund WG members’ expenses incurred due to participation in the WG, unless otherwise agreed with PEFC’s Secretary General in writing.